Friday, June 26, 2009

Going Fishin' - Camping in Algonquin Park in Canada




In just one week Christopher (my 10 year old son) I and my prep-school buddy Peter are heading to Ontario to do a little decompression. We are planning on canoeing, camping, moose safari, fishing and overall take in nature as it is meant to be taken in.

No radios, no cars, no electricity, no running water (except for streams of course) and the only roof over our heads will be the sky, stars and some nylon from the tent. The anticipation is really a lot of fun. We are expecting about a 10+ hour road trip from Marblehead. We'll be sure to take plenty of pictures to share with family and friends.

Here is a look at the Canadian weather while we are gone July 4th-12th 2009.

On my last trip here I did hear the wolves at night. Here is a Naturalist Video and a Moose Video

In preparation for this trip Christopher insists that I read Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment