Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day






Father's Day found my son and I down at our local town pond called Redd's Pond. Redd's Pond is a special place in Marblehead. It is close to the harbor. it is adjacent to the Old Burial Hill cemetery. Redd's Pond has swans, ducks, birds, turtles and fish. Some of the fish are bass and some are sunnies. On Saturday my son Christopher and I went down to the pond and he caught a Mallard Duck with his fishing pole. Lucky for the duck we were able to remove the hook from his wing. The duck was appreciative about getting the hook out of his wing and was happily swimming and flying about after the ordeal.

The week before Christopher "caught," more like picked up a painted turtle. He tried talking his mother and I into taking the turtle home for a pet, but in the end the turtle went back to his home in Redd's Pond to live happily ever after. It seems like these little memories will be etched forever in my son's life. Now, if I can only teach him enough sense to leave wildlife alone! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment